Weather: 15 minutes
- For the pesto:
- 2 cups of basil (or a mixture of your favorite herbs or even green leaves such as beetroot, carrot, spinach, etc.)
- 2/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup walnuts (or almonds or whatever nuts you have on hand)
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- For the cauliflower
- 1 small cauliflower
- Pesto, amount needed to cover the cauliflower
- Prepare the pesto by blending all the pesto ingredients until a homogeneous mixture is obtained. Rectify the seasoning if necessary. Reserve.
- Wash the cauliflower very well and dry with a cloth to remove excess moisture. In case the cauliflower stem is very protruding and thick, cut it carefully not to disassemble it.
- Cover the cauliflower completely with the pesto.
- Insert the cauliflower into the Instant Vortex basket (no need to preheat for this recipe).
- Using the panel Instant Vortex press ASAR / roasting , set the time to 15 MINUTES and the temperature at 180 ° C . Press START .
- Skip the ADD FOOD and TURN FOOD messages when they appear.
- When the alarm sounds that the cooking is over, open the compartment and remove the cauliflower with a pair of tongs.
- Serve immediately as a side, with any leftover pesto.
- Store refrigerated in airtight container for up to 5 days.
If pesto is left over, cover with olive oil and keep refrigerated in airtight container.
If the cauliflower you have is very large, divide into small pieces, cover them with pesto and proceed with the rest of the recipe in the same way.