Weather: 30 minutes
- Avocado oil (or the one of your preference for cooking)
- 4 chicken legs
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 handful or half tied cilantro, blended with a little water
- 1 medium carrot chopped into small cubes
- ½ bell pepper cut into small cubes
- ½ cup of shelled corn
- 300 gr of white quinoa (soaked at least 6 hours and washed well to eliminate the “saponin”, a natural antinutrient of quinoa to avoid pests with a bitter taste, it has a soapy texture, you will notice when you wash it)
- 3 cups of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Insert the stainless steel bowl into the Instant Pot®. Press the SAUTE function and set the time to 5 MINUTES . Add the vegetable oil and brown the chicken with just salt. Once golden, remove it from the pot and reserve.
- In the same bowl add the chopped onion, press the SAUTE function for 5 more minutes.
- Then add the cilantro, carrot, bell pepper, corn, quinoa and chicken. Add the water and stir.
- Season with salt and pepper. Replace the lid and twist to lock the Instant Pot®. Making sure the steam release valve is turned to “sealed”. Press the PRESSURE COOKING function at HIGH pressure level and set the time to 20 MINUTES.
- After cooking, let the pot release steam naturally for approximately 2 minutes. Then press CANCEL and turn the steam valve to “Release”. Once all pressure is released, open the lid.
- To enjoy, you can accompany it with an onion sauce.